Who doesn’t like to use nail polish these days? The problem lies with incorrect application! I’ve seen so many nails that ar unevenly coated, cracked and chipped. We can well prevent these things from happening if we all learn how to apply nail polish properly! Follow this quick guide when you are applying polish to your finger and toe nails next time and I’ll guarantee you’ll see an improvement to your nails!
Before you start applying the polish to your nails, you’ll need to select the right color. My first advice is to use a color that you actually like and not follow any rules of thumb regarding color choice. Having said that there ar some guidelines to choosing the right colours that I typically do follow. The first is where ar you heading to? What is the occasion? If it’s for everyday coverage, neutral tones are good to go. These ar perfect for work years and professional events. If it’s a more relaxed and fun event, go for whatever you like. Matching with lip color and the colors you are provision to dress in is also a good idea. But again, the best is to trust your instincts and go with colours that you actually like. My personal favorite ar chrome colors to give my nails that sexy shine.
What you’ll need
Now that you’ve chosen your color, lets begin applying! You’ll need your polish color, a top coat, base coat, cu-tips, cotton balls and polish remover.
How to Apply Nail Polish Properly
1. Remove any trace of old nail polish that you have. You can do this quickly with cotton balls and rubbing each nail thoroughly. By removing any old polish you have on you can ensure that you put on an even coating.
2. With your hands steadily propped against a table to ensure you don’t shake, start painting your nails with the base coat. Start by brushing down the middle of your nail and then the two sides. This will provide an even coating. It is a good idea to begin with your smallest fingers and toes and work your way to your big fingers and toes, which prevents you from leaning on any freshly painted nails.
3. Add the nail polish to your nails by following the same procedure you did for the base coat ( small nails first, brush the middle of the nail followed by the sides).
4. Wait for the polish to dry. This will depend on the nail polish itself. I like to give betwixt 20-30 minutes from the last painted nail to ensure perfect dryness.
5. Add the top coat by repeating the same procedure you did for painting the base coat and the nail polish. Top coats will add even more balance and shine to your nails.
6. Once the top coat is dry, clean up your nails with a cu-tip and nail polish remover. With the cu-tip, remove any flecks of polish you have on your skin and around your nails. Be careful and take your time with this.
There you have it! You should have perfectly painted nails that are nicely even, which should prevent any splintering (depending on the quality of your top coat).
Karen Middleton is a fashion aficionado who loves to get perfectly painted nails. Her website Chrome Nail Polish reviews the best brands that make chrome colored nail paint.Check out how to perfectly apply chrome nail polish here.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com